Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YARRH - Yet Another RepRap Host

Posted by wulfnor 
YARRH - Yet Another RepRap Host
July 07, 2012 08:45PM
For couple of weeks ive been working on new reprap host software. Its in early develepment stage but should be usable.
Main thing that makes it diffrent is 3d view of gcode. Its kinda slow at the moment, but im working on it.
I also wanted to make more userfriedly software so whole installation is just as simple as any oher software, no java, no python, pearl etc... just simple setup.exe.
Everything is written in C++ and Qt, so it should be fairly simple to compile for diffrent platfors. At the moment bin files are only for windows.
Video of 3d view - here you can see how 3d view works
Working software - here how it works with my prusa
ui screen - here is how ui looks
Github repo - source files
and finaly
Installation file - here is setup

I hope it will work as intendet, if not im sorry, it could happend that i forgotten about somethin, its first release so probably it has many bugs. But i will work on that. And any feedback will be very helpfull.
Re: YARRH - Yet Another RepRap Host
July 07, 2012 08:55PM
Giving it a run, install was fast and simple.
July 07, 2012 10:54PM
Hi,
I installed it. The gcode preview is really nice... I like it alot. As a matter of fact the way it highlights the current layer on the 3d view helped me solve why one of my objects was not printing properly.

I can't use it with my printer though as you dont currently support the higher speed of 250000 baud which is used quite a bit on marlin. Could you add that speed.

Well Done

Bill D

'Serenity' Observatory

[www.billd.net]

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."

Groucho Marx
July 07, 2012 11:10PM
Happy to hear that 3d view is usefull.
I added 250000 baud rate, just download new setup and reinstall it smiling smiley
July 08, 2012 10:54PM
This installation file link listed above contains a virus, anyone else have this problem?
July 09, 2012 06:06PM
i scanned it on my drive and it seems to be ok, are you sure its not false positive?
Sometimes antyvirus software may return false results if software has something non standart
July 10, 2012 06:26PM
Looks real nice -- I have it installed and will be trying it live on my machine tonight. The only thing I noticed so far, that might even be a "feature", is when you use the arrows to move the layer height it runs in reverse. The slider bar works great, and I love the simple interface.

So far so good!
Devon
July 10, 2012 10:37PM
Thank you.
I made new version with much faster 3d view.
You can download it at https://github.com/wuflnor/YARRH/downloads.
There are some bugs with communication that im working on so sadly it may be higly unstable atm. Bot i will work on it asap.
August 17, 2012 04:39PM
Wow, cool, I just discovered your software package. I do like it a lot! Keep on the good work! Is there still development going on? I was really in search of a visual package like YARRH. Thanks again!
September 26, 2012 08:35AM
there is repsnapper already ...
[github.com]
August 11, 2013 09:02AM
wulfnor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Everything is written in C++ and Qt, so it should
> be fairly simple to compile for diffrent platfors.

I want to give it a shot, but the Makefile is missing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login