Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BUG: Dimension and other plugins not running when Tower is active

Posted by mccoyn 
BUG: Dimension and other plugins not running when Tower is active
June 12, 2010 11:41AM
I just upgraded my skeinforge and I've spent a lot of time trying to get 5D support to work. I activated it in the Dimension plugin, but this had no effect (I expected E codes to be added to the output).

After some debugging I discovered that /extruderInitialization is missing from the file that is inputted to Dimension. The last plugin that was listed as procedureDone was Tower. When I tried disabling that, Dimension works correctly.

The version I have is 2010-06-11 from [fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 11:56AM by mccoyn.

Darwin clone, Gen 2 electronics, Arduino Duemilanove w/ AtMega328, 5D Firmware, Pinchwheel extruder
[www.codeerrors.com]
emt
Re: BUG: Dimension and other plugins not running when Tower is active
June 13, 2010 11:56AM
Hi

I use Dimension and I cannot replicate the bug you describe. Works with or without tower activated.

I have had strange things occur in the past when I install the latest version into the same directory as an earlier version. I now routinely always install the latest skeinforge into a new directory and test from there leaving the old version as a fall back if things go wrong.

Regards

Ian
June 14, 2010 06:48PM
I ran tower and got this output test_tower.gcode. It appears that chamber runs before it, so I ran that to get the tower input. test_chamber.gcode. The tower output seems to be missing the following lines:
(</extruderInitialization&gt)
(<extrusion&gt)
M115 S60.0
M116 S30.0
M117 S0.0
M113 S1.0
M108 S32.0

The first line that makes it is

(<layer> 0.121 )

When I get some time, I think I'll try modifying tower so that the parseInitialization function doesn't exit until the first layer. I'm not sure if this is the best fix though.

I've attached my preferences. skeinforge-preferences.tar.gz

Edit: Formating of xml tags

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 06:51PM by mccoyn.

Darwin clone, Gen 2 electronics, Arduino Duemilanove w/ AtMega328, 5D Firmware, Pinchwheel extruder
[www.codeerrors.com]
emt
June 15, 2010 04:24AM
Hi

I see the problem in the gcode. I would make a very small object and turn off all the verbose output so you generate the smallest Gcode possible file that shows the problem and then zip that with your preferences and send them direct to Enrique. Whenever I have had a problem he has responded very quickly.

Regards

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login