Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature request -- First layer independent from others, for printing on heated build platform

Posted by casainho 
Heated build platform is the future but for printing using it we need to print the first layer at a slow speed.

We don't need the raft but we need a slow printing so the plastic sticks on kapton tape. I am being tweaking my gcode by hand, putting the first layer at 4 times slower and extruder speed also 4 times slower. Could Skeinforge have a way so we could choose the first layer head speed and extruder speed?

Thanks.

Pictures os my prints:

---
New cutting edge RepRap electronics, ARM 32 bits @ 100MHz runs RepRap @ 725mm/s:

[www.3dprinting-r2c2.com]
Re: Feature request -- First layer independent from others, for printing on heated build platform
January 22, 2010 07:17PM
In my software I have a separate setting for everything on the first layer: bed temp, plastic outline temp, plastic fill temp, outline speed, fill speed, fan on or off.

All this stuff should be separate from slicing though as it is with my system. You should not have to slice the model again to change speeds and temperatures.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my software I have a separate setting for
> everything on the first layer: bed temp, plastic
> outline temp, plastic fill temp, outline speed,
> fill speed, fan on or off.
>
> All this stuff should be separate from slicing
> though as it is with my system. You should not
> have to slice the model again to change speeds and
> temperatures.

If people starts to using heated build platform, why not add this "first layer options" to Skeinforge?

I see this as another filter, were we can use it or simple disable. Like that it would also work as you need.

---
New cutting edge RepRap electronics, ARM 32 bits @ 100MHz runs RepRap @ 725mm/s:

[www.3dprinting-r2c2.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login