Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Turning off raft from command line

Posted by stepnovij 
Turning off raft from command line
April 11, 2013 12:12AM
Hi, Guys. I am completly stuck in this problem, please help.
I'm trying to make web service where everybody can run skeinforge-50 to see how long *.stl file will be printing, the size of the object etc. I set up all the needed settings, i mean mostly is not to print with the raft. But when i upload all skeinforge files to the server and run it like "python skeinforge.py *.stl" it calculates with the raft and i can't change it. I've tried to change all the columns in *.csv files where raft is to false, but it doesn't help. How can i turn off raft calculation not using programm interface?
Re: Turning off raft from command line
April 11, 2013 06:10AM
Raft must be activated to get the nozzle properly elevated. For the raft not to be printed when Raft is activated, you set Base Layers & Interface Layers to 0.

To run Skeinforge from the command line, I call craft.py, not skeinforge.py…

François
April 11, 2013 08:10AM
Not necessarily true. I have raft disabled and have had great success using skeinforge.

I do essentially what you want to do with my host software, although I am not turning raft on and off. Instead I am switching profiles by changing the values in the CSV files prior to invoking skeinforge. The only piece of advice I can give you though is to make sure you are changing the correct file. Don't change any files under the skeinforge directory itself. Instead, skeinforge maintains CSV files for each user. I believe they are under the .skeinforge directory (note the dot) under my home directory (~/.skerinforge in Linux)
April 11, 2013 09:10AM
@jbernardis: yes you are right, nozzle elevation can be set in Bottom plugin and then Raft disabled…

@stepnovij: perhaps don't you select the profile you want to use? it is set in extrusion.csv file in your .skeinforge home directory as said jbernardis (for GNU/Linux & OS X. For Windows: should exist something like a home directory, I think…)

François
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login