Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unwanted sploge!

Posted by franklparker 
unwanted sploge!
March 29, 2013 09:58AM
hello! New to the 3d printing world, i hope this isn't a question that's been answered a million times over -- i couldn't find any answers on the forum or in the wiki...

I rolled my own controller/system and am having a bit of a problem with my parts.
I'm using the makerbot mk7 to extrude ABS
I started using replicatorG with replicator slicing defaults, and I'm getting pretty decent results, except, quite often, at the beginning and end of a move, the extruder is commanded to push too much out.
I have splodge turned off.
I can't see what else might be causing this. in my corners and some other spots, i'll have large puddles which the nozzle then runs into, causing problems.
If i could control this to an amount, i'd turn it down to probably 20% of what it is doing now. I know it's trying to fill the area, but it is going too far!

any suggestions?

thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - profiles.zip (24.7 KB)
Re: unwanted sploge!
March 30, 2013 05:15AM
You can activate Clip and play with it's default parameters, but this don't concern corners, only your "other spots". For corners you can deactivate on time Fillet just to see if there are differently printed –perhaps the question is Fillet parameters.

A precise picture should be good for us to better see what is the problem!…

What is the Skeinforge version you are using in Replicatorg?

François
April 01, 2013 09:45AM
Thanks for the reply.

I am using skeinforge 50. I downloaded the latest version of replicatorg just the other day.

attached: an image with red arrows (poorly) showing my problem.
Another image of a nicer part is attached. For this part, I wrote an integration limiter to prevent any large increase or drawn out amount of volume from being put out. Not the best solution, but it seems to have worked okay.
Attachments:
open | download - splodge.jpg (180.6 KB)
open | download - nicer.jpg (376.2 KB)
April 02, 2013 02:31PM
Don't know what to tell you about your 2nd picture and the "integration limiter" you wrote…

The 1st one makes me think your printer could be badly parametred, speed vs flow, Infill Width over Thickness, Edge Width over height, somethings like those…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 02:39PM by François Delègue.

François
April 05, 2013 10:29AM
okay, thanks.

Fill, i don't know.. it would be humming along nicely, then when it gets to a corner, just before it starts moving again, it's commanded to dump a bunch out... weird.

My limiter watches the amount that is extruded on a small time slice, and if it drastically increases, it stops that from getting to the extruder.

Eric
April 05, 2013 12:54PM
What is your setting for Restart Extra Distance under Dimension? I had some prints that looked similar, and it was because my Restart Extra Distance was way too big, like .5 mm, so it would do just like you said, dump a bunch out all at once to prime the extruder after a layer change or after turning too sharp of an angle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login