Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New jitter plugin

Posted by radus 
New jitter plugin
February 06, 2013 01:19AM
This new jitter plugin removes from perimeter any blobs and sutures.
Attachments:
open | download - jitter.py (11.2 KB)
acc
Re: New jitter plugin
February 06, 2013 03:37AM
any info what the changes are? I'd love to see some photos as well :-)
In the code I've seen you do quite a lot of math out there, give us some more info what it does.
and last but not least - what jitter parameters do you suggest now with your plugin ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 05:37AM by acc.
February 06, 2013 10:13AM
I would echo acc's questions.

I love the fact that we have all of these user-contributed plugins, but we need someway to get them into an official source tree. As things stand now, I've incorporated 5 user-contributed plugins. If there ever is a new release of skeinforge, I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether or not I want to take it.
February 06, 2013 03:12PM
In math searches of the minimum angle in the perimeter, and the starting point is transferred to the corner.
You can test this plugin, and if it is good it will be possible to make it as an option in the plugin.

in files blue test with old plugin.
orange test with new plugin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 03:13PM by radus.
Attachments:
open | download - 2012-02-06 012.JPG (129.4 KB)
open | download - 2012-02-06 013.JPG (141.3 KB)
February 06, 2013 03:48PM
This looks great - I've said before that I was unhappy with the results from jitter. I'm definitely going to give this a try - hopefully tonight.
acc
February 06, 2013 04:51PM
I've tried this with MXL generated pulley. Doesn't look good with round base - I suppose it works just for sharp corners smiling smiley

Blue one was before - jitter plugin not active, the pulley had 16 teeth.
Black is with new plugin, jitter set to 2.0, this time pulley had 20 teeth. Looks fancy on layers with the hole - these are treated as corners, therefore the starting point is here as radus explained.

So - there is a chance it will work quite nice with simple shapes, sharp edges etc. For circles with holes it should be rather deactived. For regular circles it will make no difference (there will be no extra corner)
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_8255.JPG (100.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_8253.JPG (130 KB)
acc
February 06, 2013 05:14PM
And one more example, more than ten small parts on the plate, different ones. See before (no jitter at all) and after (new jitter with 2.0).
Optically I see less retractions and these are really much nearer to the corners. And this nice gcode viewer estimates total printing time 2:55 before and 2:33 after.

BTW do you know what is a difference between red-dot retraction and blue-dot retraction ?
Attachments:
open | download - before.jpg (272.5 KB)
open | download - after.jpg (277.8 KB)
February 07, 2013 04:46AM
acc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So - there is a chance it will work quite nice
> with simple shapes, sharp edges etc. For circles
> with holes it should be rather deactived. For
> regular circles it will make no difference (there
> will be no extra corner)

Yes it will work well on square parts with angles, but there is no difference on the circles.
video with old plugin: [www.youtube.com]
I did not like the seams on the video so I wanted to fix it.
February 07, 2013 04:49AM
acc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW do you know what is a difference between
> red-dot retraction and blue-dot retraction ?

The difference is that this is a retract in and out.
February 07, 2013 09:43AM
I tried it out on a simple cube. What I observed was that it moved the starting points for the perimeter into corners. In my case, with such a simple object, it started in the same corner for every layer.

When I examined the cube after the print, I noticed that there were still some issues in the starting corner. It was less noticeable because it was coincident with a corner, but it was still there.

I like this change, but I think it ought to be an option on the jitter page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login