Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slowing Down first layer

Posted by aarontrieu 
Slowing Down first layer
January 11, 2013 01:35PM
I am using a Replicator 2 and slicing with replicatorG on the default PLA Skeinforge settings. I can print with really good results with raft, but the PLA raft is impossible to remove with a good finish. My issue with wider based parts is the corners always lift up and cause issues down the line. When i print the Raft, it is done at a very slow speed and seems to bond well to the included surface. Is there a simple change in the Skeinforge settings I can make? I see you can change the first layer in the Raft section, but if i deselect Raft when i generate the G code, does the first layer rafter speed translate into just printing the object on the naked base?
Re: Slowing Down first layer
January 11, 2013 01:48PM
Nevermind, some more searching and i found first layer settings in the speed category. What settings are people using for their first PLA layers?
January 27, 2013 05:47PM
I print my first layers (perimeter and infill) at 75% of my normal speed (50 mm/s).
May 05, 2013 09:05AM
Hi there,

I've been having trouble getting my PLA to stick my glass heated bed and would really like to be able to try and use this first-layer-slow-down setting to reduce the feed and flow rate on my first layer. I can see the "First layer" settings under "Speed" (in Skeinforge), but strangely no matter what I set them to the first layer just prints at the base speed, as if that first layer setting modification didn't exist. The estimated print time doesn't change either.

Any ideas? I don't know how to check what version of Skeinforge I'm using, but I know I downloaded it from here.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Eddie
May 07, 2013 06:35AM
With Skeinforge 50 (download link) 1st layer speeds are effectively modified… and for the PLA to stick on glass, temperature must be high enouth (55° for example).

François
May 20, 2013 04:53AM
Sorry for the slow response - I just wanted to say thank you for your reply - this worked a treat!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login