Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bridge and configuration

Posted by jf pion 
bridge and configuration
June 20, 2012 07:54AM
ok now it's working, I want more !

i tried to print the whistle from thingiverse

the first try look like there is a little bit too much of plastic, I increase a little the speed rate to 33 leaving the feed rate to 30. look better

but the bridge when closing the lead is not straight. less tan the first try but not perfect (the sound is perfect anyway).

how to tweak that ?

increase the speed rate ? but some other print look like it's already to much (fin edge of the rocket bottom 3 fin ares not perfect with indentation)

use the bridge width multiplier ratio ?

is there a place to increase slightly the speed for the bridge (as i understand that the cure) or to decrease the feed rate for bridging (other to see the thing)

thank you
Re: bridge and configuration
June 20, 2012 08:23AM
Haven't played a lot with that recently, but yes you can change those Bridge feed/flow rate multipliers in the Speed module.

I think they apply to whole layers then, not only the actual bridge.

You probably want to activate "Infill in direction of bridge" tickbox in the Inset module too.

Attention those settings names and locations are only valid for skeinforge 0.50 (last version as of now), I think some were moved or renamed lately.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 20, 2012 01:28PM
Decreasing the extruded filament size will stretch it more which improves bridging. I don't change anything else.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 20, 2012 03:51PM
so the trick is to lower the ration til the bridge is straight and not to much to avoid to break the filament ?

ok let's go

thank you

Y think I will have a full whistle collection ;-)

by the way skeinforge slice the whistle perfectly but slicer build strange thin wall in the upper aperture, another bug ?
June 20, 2012 04:37PM
Probably, I have given up in Slic3r, it seems to mess with the geometry.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login