Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What setting caused that ???

Posted by CADucana4d 
What setting caused that ???
June 08, 2012 03:45PM
Hi Guys,

I have been experimenting with settings in pronterface/skeinforge and have managed to change something so that my reprap only extrudes the first layer. Once it has layed down this layer it continues to go through the XYZ actions of printing the rest of the object but the extruder is off. I have tried some old g-gode programs and they still work fine so I believe it is a problem with the G-Code being cretaed.

I know I should only change one thing at a time and see what the effect is but I got a bit excited and changed a whole raft of things all at once. Now wishing I hadn't

Is there a setting that would cause this?

Reading posts on here I am thinking of installin Slic3r instead. What are your thoughts? I can't get the link to the windows compiled package to work does anyone have a link that does work?

Thank you all for your help.

Steve
Re: What setting caused that ???
June 15, 2012 10:55AM
Why don't you start a fresh new settings profile ? It's a nice way to keep in mind what settings are important - and is recommended to do with each version bump.

rename your ".skeinforge" folder so you keep a backup, and start setting it all again.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 19, 2012 08:20AM
CADucana4d Wrote:

> Reading posts on here I am thinking of installin
> Slic3r instead. What are your thoughts? I can't
> get the link to the windows compiled package to
> work does anyone have a link that does work?

slicer work fine for most of the things but for some complicated one skeinforge is better, so you have to have the two (and to know how to use the two !)

[dl.slic3r.org] the 7.2 version work the 8.3 look a bit bugged
August 06, 2012 07:12PM
Post some Gcode created with the bad profile?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login