Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help setting up Skeinforge with Pronterface please! (Windows)

Posted by pygmy 
Help setting up Skeinforge with Pronterface please! (Windows)
January 09, 2012 08:05PM
G'day!

My Huxley is roaring to go but I'm stuck because I cant get Pronterface to generate gcodes with Skeinforge, I think it is only because I'm putting the wrong lines in the Pronterface settings for slicecommand & sliceoptscommand as I'm a bit clueless with the software side of things...

Can another windows user copy & paste what their working settings are, & let me know where your Skeinforge folder is kept? I've just put my Skeinforge folder inside my pronterface folder (reprappro-Software-0b2e377) and have tried many combinations but just keep getting different errors.. Here are some lines I've tried:

slicecomand
python /reprappro-Software-0b2e377/skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_utilities/skeinforge_craft.py $s
python skeinforge\skeinforge_application\skeinforge_utilities\skeinforge_craft.py $s

sliceoptcomand
python /reprappro-Software-0b2e377/skeinforge/skeinforge_application/skeinforge.py

Thanks, Karl
Re: Help setting up Skeinforge with Pronterface please! (Windows)
January 10, 2012 02:41PM
I'm not in front of the computer I use to control the printer, but in Pronterface I just click the Load File button, choose the .STL file I want and Pronterface generates a GCode File. The window on the right shows the progress and when it is all done skeining the file it is ready to print.

Are you on Windows?
January 10, 2012 08:24PM
Hey Grog, thats what I've tried to do as per following the online instructions but I've never been able to get a gcode generated- just errors ending in:

ValueError: could not convert string to float: class="highlight">
<div
As I'm on windows I'd like to confirm with another windows user what their command lines for slicecomand & sliceoptcomand are so I can rule that out as a problem.
I'm trying to do the same thing with skeinforge and pronterface. any luck getting it to work?
May 08, 2012 12:24AM
I use Skeinforge as a standalone on windows still using SF41 because I mainly use repsnapper but I do also use pronterface on occasion, I just load up the pre coded Gcode. This is on Windows, have used on XP and Win7

October 13, 2012 02:38AM
I have installed huxley Pronterface software for windows xp and i connected huxley through usb ,it shows "connecting" for a long time , can u tell me which version u have installed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login