Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple SF settings in one print / Gcode combiner

Posted by imitation 
Multiple SF settings in one print / Gcode combiner
November 21, 2011 12:36PM
Hi,

i'm looking for a way to combine many skeinforge settings in one print, essentially i want to do a "calibration plate"-matrix with different flow settings along one axis and different feed settings along the other. I could, of course, print one after the other and space the parts far away apart to keep the carriage from crashing into the others, but that would slow things down quite a bit (think SF "cool").
So it boils down to slicing the test object multiple times with different "multiply" centers and then combining the gcode into one big file that sorts the layers by their z-value (and adds G92 Exxx before each object's respective part of the layer). Is there a tool available for this job?

Thanks,
imitation
Re: Multiple SF settings in one print / Gcode combiner
November 21, 2011 01:50PM
I have done similar things, unfortunately all my calibration 'tools' are writen directly in gcode and not through SF or another interpreter program...

If you give me your specifications then i can write you a small one so that you can see how it's done.
November 21, 2011 02:03PM
comwarrior, i can write and interpret gcode just fine, if i wanted to draw a line at different feed and flow rates, i could do that.
Specifically i want to test a Wade's gear because i'm getting bad warp/curl at the teeth. The surface sticks nicely, but the teeth curl inwards after a couple of layers, and i want to test if there is a connection between flow, feed and the curl i'm seeing. For this, i need several layers of actual printing to be done.
November 21, 2011 02:40PM
eerm... mine print a single bead in 100mm lines 2mm high for each setting...
November 21, 2011 03:17PM
Will that help me with my curl issue occurring only on (rounded) corners of solid objects?

No offense.
November 22, 2011 01:07AM
Rounded corners of solid objects tend to curl if they are too warm, especially if they are overhanging.

Multiply will give the layers more time to cool and provide a fix in many cases.

www.Fablicator.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login