Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

variable speed during print

Posted by _Alex_ 
variable speed during print
October 15, 2011 12:47PM
Hi, I´m actual prinitng the hollow pyramide test object ( [www.thingiverse.com] ) and I have to slow down the speed of the print significantly to get good results when printing the pillars, but actually the lower layers could be printed much faster

Is it possible to tell skeinforge to slow down the speed when printing fine details and to reaccelerate the speed when printing large areas?
Re: variable speed during print
October 15, 2011 12:54PM
Not that I know of.. You can adjust how fast it does the perimeters but I think that's it.
October 15, 2011 02:03PM
This would be an excellent feature. I encountered a similar issue while printing the lightbulb sculpture: [www.thingiverse.com]
October 15, 2011 02:03PM
October 15, 2011 02:40PM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Cool" can slow down your layers based on the time
> it takes to print them.

Excellent idea, as long as the detailed bits are on layers that don't take long to print. And that does indeed seem to be the case on the object he's trying for..
October 15, 2011 02:51PM
The problem with Cool is that it slows down entire layers rather than features within each layer. For that lightbulb sculpture, I found that each layer would take about 30 or more seconds, but what I really wanted was for each individual shell (of the five per layer) to be slowed down.
October 15, 2011 03:28PM
I also have tried "cool" to slow down the upper layers, but the problem with it, is that it makes a big blob on the top of the pyramid because the top is just a tiny area.

I think it would be necessary to change skeinforge that it reduces automatically the speed while printing small "islands".

that would also allow to print fine details in layers where are big areas too which can be made much faster

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2011 03:33PM by _Alex_.
October 25, 2011 11:47AM
I think it would be nice to have it user defined, as it is difficult to generalise "when" to slow down.

If you think of multiple, different parts on the same bed, you wouldn't want full layers being slowed down.
In any case, I am looking for similar feature for slowing down the start. I imagine this is not possible either?

Another nice feature would be the fasten up of fill only, especially when it is lines or honeycomb. Do you know if this is possible somehow?
October 25, 2011 11:49AM
If you can answer to my first question, please post it also here (http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?154,103076) as I have started a new topic on this. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login