Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sand Made LS printer

Posted by PolishSLS 
Sand Made LS printer
March 15, 2015 12:25PM
Hello!

I would like to introduce you my project, Sand Made Laser Sintering Powder 3D printer. Please visit our website

www.sandmade.pl

and facebook:

[www.facebook.com]

Please leave a comment!

Cheers!
VDX
Re: Sand Made LS printer
March 15, 2015 06:48PM
... can you provide some more infos?

What laser types, material properties and estimated price?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 03, 2015 08:13AM
The photo's look pretty awesome! Are those printed with sand on your own machine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 08:14AM by Dejay.
April 16, 2015 04:24AM
Dejay,

You want sand? Hire you go:

earlier prints are not from sand, it's styrene/nylon 12 mix.

Yes this is made on our self build machine which will hit market in the middle of the year.
April 16, 2015 05:25AM
Wow that looks beautiful! Sand is probably not a really practical and sturdy material but it looks quite natural. Might be great for art projects. And it has to be the cheapest material! grinning smiley

What laser and what power do you use? A CO2 laser?

I've recently discovered that there are laser diode bars which are reasonable cheap for ~$200 at 40W. But I don't know if they are suitable for white powder (805nm wavelength).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 05:26AM by Dejay.
April 16, 2015 12:28PM
Dejay,

can't agree with yousmiling smiley Foundry sand sintering is in common use. It's one of the fastest way to get complex prototype mold!

Just type "Direct Croning Process" in YT.

Yes we are using 40 W CO2 laser, because with other types of laser is difficult to sinter it.
April 16, 2015 05:05PM
That is practical indeed smiling smiley But I figure you would use finer sand for mold making?

Also I'm surprised that quartz sand has a melting point of 1600°C and that you can sinter it with a 40W laser!

Oh and silicon is such a confusing element! Silica, Sand, Glass, Quartz, Silicone...
May 04, 2015 09:53AM
Hi Everybody!

Things are getting serious smiling smiley

Laser Sintering @ Sand Made 3D Printer

This is how our process looks like.

Cheers!
May 04, 2015 03:03PM
Wow that is fast smiling smiley So I guess you use a galvo setup not a gantry. Do you use an F-Theta lens to focus the laser?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login