Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Galvo setup for SLS

Posted by KrishnaChetty 
Galvo setup for SLS
December 06, 2014 03:55AM
Hi guys!

I am working on a project to build a SLS printer. While searching for a galvo setup for my machine, most of them were meant for laser projectors(stage lighting). Can we use these galvos for SLS? I plan on using a 40W CO2 laser for the sintering. Can anyone please help me in this matter? Most of the galvos in the net are too expensive, it would be really helpful if anyone could me some links where I can find some inexpensive galvo setup.
VDX
Re: Galvo setup for SLS
December 06, 2014 05:41PM
... beginning of the year I've programmed a plugin-DLL for BeamConstruct, using a cheap laser projector galvo-head with Easylase LC USB as DAC - [www.mylaserpage.de]

But the size of the applyable mirrors was not sufficient for powers grater 15 Watts NIR (975nm and 1070nm), so I've changed the setup to servo-motors instead af galvos and mirror sizes of 40x40x6mm for use with a 80Watt fiberlaser, but here I'm using a modified CNC-software instead of the DLL's.

Both solutions are not OS, so I can't provide further links or infos for them, sorry eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
TTN
January 05, 2015 05:28AM
Reportedly, you don't need much power to sinter nylon, if you heat the nylon to the edge of its melting point inside the build chamber, you only need a couple of watts. If you do some further reading you will find this mentioned.
January 19, 2015 04:11AM
Hello, I have galvo head at reasonable price, please send me an email leon@sino-galvo.com if you are interested.
TTN
December 18, 2016 06:43AM
Is there any particular reason things cannot be kept simple by using, say a 10:1 (or similar) pulley ratio is used to drive the mirror shaft with a stepper motor? Also is focal length going to be an issue when using a co2 laser?
VDX
December 18, 2016 10:57AM
... if you'll want reasonable speed and accuracy, then a stepper motor won't be the best alternative - better use a higher geared (brushed) DC or BLDC servo motor ... but not the RC-plane types! - they won't be precise enough ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login