Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Affordable laser marking heads?

Posted by MrBaz 
Affordable laser marking heads?
January 17, 2014 10:25AM
I've been trying to find an affordable solution to a laser marking head, or at least a capable laser galvo setup that could be used for SLS printing. So far, the cheapest marking head I found was $10k without the controller.
I think this is the only thing holding back the affordable consumer-based SLS printers at the moment (besides the patents which are expiring next month!).

Is there a capable open source laser galvo setup that is accurate and reliable enough to be used in a SLS printer?
VDX
Re: Affordable laser marking heads?
January 17, 2014 04:49PM
... I'm actually developing a galvo-scanning system based on BeamConstruct, that should be remarkable cheaper -- but can last some months until first presentations, that are planned for March on the METAV fair in Germany ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 17, 2014 06:24PM
VDX
... I'm actually developing a galvo-scanning system based on BeamConstruct, that should be remarkable cheaper -- but can last some months until first presentations, that are planned for March on the METAV fair in Germany ...

Care to share any info on your hardware?
VDX
January 18, 2014 05:53PM
... the scanner card is normally used for show lasers: [www.mylaserpage.de]

The galvos too ... similar to this set: [www.mylaserpage.de]

Actually I'm programming the driver-DLL's for BeamConstruct to activate this types of scanner cards.

This 'toys' are mainly for testing and some special ideas for the future -- I have some professional galvo-heads with drivers from an old SLA-printer and two NdYAG-markers, but this are systems normally not available for DIY ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 18, 2014 10:58PM
VDX
... the scanner card is normally used for show lasers: [www.mylaserpage.de]

The galvos too ... similar to this set: [www.mylaserpage.de]

Actually I'm programming the driver-DLL's for BeamConstruct to activate this types of scanner cards.

This 'toys' are mainly for testing and some special ideas for the future -- I have some professional galvo-heads with drivers from an old SLA-printer and two NdYAG-markers, but this are systems normally not available for DIY ...

Off the shelf systems are what I'm trying to find. Something professionally built, affordable, and readily available. I'm having problems with the affordable part.
January 19, 2015 04:16AM
Hello, I have galvo head at reasonable price, please send me an email leon@sino-galvo.com if you are interested.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login