Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DIY Selective Laser Sintering FAQ

Posted by Igor Lobanov 
DIY Selective Laser Sintering FAQ
June 29, 2013 07:38PM
Guys,

Some time ago I started research on feasibility of building a DIY Selective Laser Sintering rapid prototyping machine to work with thermoplastics. It quickly turned out that a there are quite a few enthusiasts who are already doing something in this area, as well as wealth of helpful information. However, what I found, it is very time consuming to gather enough background information to actually be able to design and build an SLS machine.

So, I've started a DIY Selective Laser Sintering FAQ page on the RepRap wiki with the aim to build easily accessible all-in-one collection of common answers to common questions so that other enthusiasts like me could save time looking for the same information. Hopefully this becomes a living document as knowledge of the community grows.

It's in early days, and I'm still adding material to it, but I'm eager to share as it already has some answer, and, who knows, even might prompt someone to contribute smiling smiley
Me
Re: DIY Selective Laser Sintering FAQ
August 16, 2013 02:54AM
great job, just what i needed! thanks!
August 16, 2013 07:25PM
Thanks Me, glad you found it useful. I'm still adding some content to it, so please come back from time to time
TTN
December 25, 2014 04:46PM
Perhaps this could be stickied?
VDX
December 25, 2014 05:51PM
... pinned ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 27, 2014 03:38PM
Any type of powder (ABS, PLA, etc) in small quanities
is impossible to purchase.

Anybody got a source that I don't have to order a metric ton
and ship by container ship??

confused smiley
VDX
December 27, 2014 04:03PM
... I've got small quantities of plastic powder from here - [www.alcedo-plast.de]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login