Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepStrapping with flatbed scanners

Posted by Grogyan 
RepStrapping with flatbed scanners
November 04, 2010 12:38AM
Just posting some info in case someone asks, I fitted the incomplete Z axis to my Y axis gantry, held up with just a regular flatbed scanner. Initial tests were confirmed when I asked an engineering friend of mine of how to stop the gantry twisting.

The solution we came up with is.

Build it from scratch, but use the drive train and bearing bushings, make a new gantry which may even need a secon linear bearing on a rod on the opposite side. The new gantry will use box extrusiion aluminium 50mm x 50mm with a wall thickness of at least 2mm, will try to get 3mm thich stuff from a local supplier (Ulrich Aluminium).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 02:36PM by Grogyan.
Re: RepStrapping with flatbet scanners
November 04, 2010 02:45AM
Very cool, grogyan.

Would you like to do up your machine in the wiki? We've got a few going:
http://reprap.org/wiki/T-Slot

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Re: RepStrapping with flatbet scanners
November 04, 2010 03:14AM
I don't think my cartesian robot is quite ready for such an honour as being on the wiki.

It WAS suppose to be finished by Christmas, last year, lol.

Typical problem is designing the extruder, from junk lying around, becoming more and more machined (I ask a friend to make the occasional part for me on his work mill/lathe.

I'll give it a page soon, this topic is to give insight of not how to do things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login