Advanced

thingmaker

Posted by noobcake 
thingmaker
August 25, 2010 01:34AM
"old title: can I post pics of my repstrap in this forum? grinning smiley

can I?
"

Ok, thanks! I'll change the title this will be my picture log of my repstrap v1. After it is done hopefully within a few weeks, I plan on making another one which should be completed faster and possibly change something and I'll fully document the next one and maybe make an instructable or something.

So, this is just my first one as a 'picture log'. I've been working on it for over a week already and I'm still waiting for a few parts I ordered. The rest I'm making all myself of my own design using just my other CNC machine smiling smiley I'm shooting for a 12" cubed build volume and so far my X can get 312mm (about 12.25"!). today I'll be working on the Y or Z.

edit: well it's almost done grinning smiley I'm just waiting for 2 more parts (delrin acme nuts) ya I've changed the design a lot since this post and now I'm no longer going for a full 12" Z axis travel....I'm care mainly about print quality over quantity. And I switch to ACME threaded rods for the Z and am building it out of mainly plastic now.

I'll post a pic when its done in a week or two. grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 10:52AM by noobcake.
Re: can I post pics of my repstrap in this forum? grinning smiley
August 25, 2010 02:57AM
You MAY, whether you CAN only you can answer.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: can I post pics of my repstrap in this forum? grinning smiley
August 25, 2010 07:55AM
Please do, noobcake smiling smiley
Re: a 1ft cube build volume repstrap picture log
September 16, 2010 11:06PM
I'm almost done with it. I just have to wait for a piece from mcmaster carr because my original z design had to be changed xD

But It does work and should be completely done soon. I'm not sure about the heated platform though. I am going to try the engraving a pcb method...and if that doesn't work I'll have to get some ni-chrome wire I guess...but either way it'll be done soon smiling smiley

Here is a pic of it so far...the y-z stage is going to be changed though in the next few days...

a couple of weeks more like it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 10:52AM by noobcake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login