Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible Build Idea

Posted by Tinkerhabits 
Possible Build Idea
May 17, 2015 04:01PM
has anyone thought of directing laser beams through prisms to control x-y axis on SLA PRinters?
Re: Possible Build Idea
May 17, 2015 05:23PM
I can think of some reasons to use a surface-aluminised mirror in preference to a prism:

- A mirror will be lighter than a prism, so easier to move quickly;

- A prism will reflect some of the laser light even if it has an antireflection coating. Even with a perfect coating, it could only reflect no light at all at one particular angle.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
May 17, 2015 05:54PM
... i think, he is adressing it more as alternative to a f-theta lens for big working areas - with a pre-focussing lens a low scanning angle at entry can result in a high scanning area at output ... but this would be a pretty sophisticated optical development confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 17, 2015 06:10PM
Vicktor You hit it on the head.. Imagine fixing the angles of the 2 prisms, one vertical the other horizontal . you could do a typical gantry setup the width of the build area moving the vertical prism to and from the laser source to do the one coordinate and move the horizontal left and right with a 90* arc at each it would in theory be rather consistant
May 17, 2015 06:13PM
also in theory (love that phrase) you could use a visible light spectrum laser and seperate the different wave lengths possibly refocusing them back on the source with more of a concentration
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login