Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Catalyst Mendel wiki entry

Posted by KrisC 
Catalyst Mendel wiki entry
April 05, 2010 12:18AM
Is there any reason not make a Catalyst Mendel entry on the RepRap wiki? I plan on starting one soon. I hope all questions of the soundness of the design are now assuaged.

The only inadequacy I perceive in the wiki entry idea is that some of the information relevant for assembly only pertains to my particular kit. I suppose this stuff could go under each individual component as finishing procedures (i.e. sanding and fitting).

There are two reasons to wikify it: to provide more orderly assembly instructions and to illustrate and highlight innovative design features.

This is not meant as a slight to James. Clearly he continues to do a massive amount of work to get his kits out. While he is providing assembly instructions, a more orderly presentation could save a lot of browsing.

--Kris
Re: Catalyst Mendel wiki entry
April 05, 2010 01:22AM
Is there any reason not make a Catalyst Mendel entry on the RepRap wiki? I plan on starting one soon. I hope all questions of the soundness of the design are now assuaged.

Go for it. Either here:
[reprap.org]
or using a name that makes more sense to you.

I think the community would find your take on it valuable.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 05, 2010 02:00PM
Style-wise, I think I'm going to say that Catalyst is the intended model name and Profound Devices is the distributor of the initial kits. I will credit James Villenueve as the creator.

Would James would like to assert any copyright or use opinions? I will shoot him an e-mail.

I'm not going to address how Catalyst fits into the RepRap hardware fork. I opine that the current designs full name ought to be RepRap Mendel Catalyst. I am then using the form "Catalyst Mendel" or just "Catalyst" depending on the situation. Anyone have a reason to object?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 02:48PM by KrisC.
April 05, 2010 04:25PM
It is reprap.org

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 09:32PM by KrisC.
April 06, 2010 09:29PM
Should it be Mendel Variations/ Catalyst rather than Development: Mendel Catalyst? I didn't see your move Sebastien until just now. I will copy over to there. Do whatever cleanup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login