Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3Dtje Mini 3D Printer!

Posted by fiveseven808 
3Dtje Mini 3D Printer!
January 11, 2018 03:54PM
Since this particular forum section seems quite a bit dead I thought it might be appropriate to post this here rather than the Mendel forum since this is a somewhat unique design in my opinion.

This is my build of the 3Dtje Mini 3D printer

My build details:[www.thingiverse.com]
Source: [www.thingiverse.com]
Video of test print: [youtu.be]

What I think makes it unique:
  • Unlike most other designs, the frame is 100% printed, and (2) 6mm x-axis guide rods are the only "difficult" things you will have to cut to length! All other vitamins can be used as-is
  • To me, this is greatly enabling for people who live in an apartment, or otherwise are unable to use powertools to cut things many hardened linear shafts, nor do you have to precisely align parts on threaded rods.
  • Printable on a 200x200mm bed and features an ALL PLA DESIGN! While other printers were designed around ABS, you can get away with everything being made with PLA, including the X carriage!
  • Being an all PLA design means that any printer with the build volume can print this design with ease!
  • You can have a working printer with a minimum of 19 printed parts! This is nothing compared to the Snappy's 57 printed parts
  • This design ONLY uses M3 screws, greatly reducing the types of parts you to order, especially if you don't live in a country that embraces the metric system. For the rest of the world, it simplifies your parts list!
  • The design is stiff enough that the printer can be carried and moved while printing without affecting print quality too much
  • The printer is portable, self contained and relatively safe and easy to transport!

While I am not the creator of this wonderful tiny little machine, I've taken it upon myself to improve the design to the point where it can become a true competitor to the Snappy in terms of printability, and ease of assembly!
One of my main goals will be to use lessons from the Snappy Project and cut this printer's large pieces up so that it can be built within it's own build area, then glued together with PVC glue (with PLA).

My goals and why I chose this printer
  • Minimal tooling to assemble: I didn't want to spend lots time cutting rods or MDF or sheet metal or aluminum extrusions or whathaveyou. I just wanted to print and assemble!
  • Small: I wanted to create a low powered ultra-precise printer for printing tiny objects with a 0.15-0.25mm nozzle. A small printer like this would be perfect!
  • Proven design: This is a Prusa/Mendel i3 type design that I understand quite well. I know how to solve most problems or where to find answers to the ones I don't.
  • Interesting to print: I'm not printing connectors to stick extrusions or hardened rods together. I'm printing the actual printer!
  • Portable: After I built the printer, I wanted to show it off. I wanted something rigid and self-contained so I could bring it around!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoy building and tinkering with it!

Side note: Does anyone know how or if it would be possible to get this printer into the wiki? Thanks!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 04:34PM by fiveseven808.
Re: 3Dtje Mini 3D Printer!
January 19, 2018 05:18PM
[www.instructables.com]

An instructable is now up since no admin seems to want to give me a wiki account for whatever reason tongue sticking out smiley

I hope more people can build and enjoy this awesome little printer!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login