Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3 motors stop randomly while printing

Posted by SLAY666 
Prusa I3 motors stop randomly while printing
January 23, 2017 01:04PM
My Prusa I3 motors stop moving while printing for no apparent reason. The extruder continues to extrude at the same spot until there is a massive amount of filament that produce a jam. The printing time on the LCD pannel continues to raise.

I tried different files. I plugged the printing in 3 differents wall sockets.I turned off the heat bed (in case my printer needed more power).

Everyone who has this problem seems to solve this with a new USB cable but I always print with the SD card reader.

It always happen after quite some time (> 15 min) and mostly after an hour.

The motors don't seem to be hot.

Thank you for your help!

Shany
Re: Prusa I3 motors stop randomly while printing
January 23, 2017 02:05PM
Is there anything in the logs?
Possibly your controller board thinks an endstop is triggered. Use NC (normally closed) endstops against ground, with pullup resistors. Try to lead your endstop wires away from your motor wires. Twist the wires in pairs.
January 23, 2017 03:05PM
I didn't know there was a log on the printer. Is it accessible from the lcd screen or I have to connect my printer to the computer?

I have Marlin firmware.

Thanks for your help,

Shany
February 21, 2017 11:14AM
Do you have a fan blowing on the stepper drivers? These can run hot, especially if you have not setup the current your motors require correctly. If they get too hot they are supposed to stop supplying current (stopping the stepper motors) until they have cooled down
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login