Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i2 - Extruder/Hot end update?

Posted by Lassiv 
Prusa i2 - Extruder/Hot end update?
August 10, 2016 11:55AM
Hello all

Now i thinked to best way is go here and ask professional printers smiling smiley

I printed long time with my i2 (10mm) version and default extruder + (not know what hotend.. i attach picture)

Now little bit problems to get filament out hotend. Hopped screw is all the time full of filament and filament not go out to nozzle. What you think is problem what cause this kind problem, before that not any problems.

-------------------------------

Same time i think do you have any update information what is best extruder/hotend combo this old i2 prusa? I think one option is PTEF plastic ones and only buy hotend+PTEF on moving part of printer and put extruder somewhere on printer roof. What you think is that best to keep extruder and hotend that moving part, or but extruder on the printer roof?

If use this PTEF system hotends are very very cheap on ebay.. not know are they totally rubbish or are they ok? Example: [www.ebay.com]

If they are ok i think oportunity of two extruders and hot ends. But i think i first do one hotend.

But if i only need one hotend are that any good reasons to update PTEF tube model hotend?

After this explain, hope someone understand what i thinking. Any tips and hints are welcome and want to hear what is common style (extruder/hot-end) now a days. Last time when i checked this systems are 3-4years ago when i built this printer.

Normally i print petg or abs. If that helps to pick-up right hot-end. Now a day i use 3mm filament, but i can change now to 1.75mm too because my last 3mm filament is nearly end.

--------------------

Same time i think to update my system (RAMP <-- windows atom<--remote control my desktop pc). Maybe to change that raspberry and octoprint, only need some wlan adapter to my raspberry and of course if someone have opinions to octoprint is that good solution to do prints pls inform me smiling smiley

Hope someone can help me with this and sorry my poor english skills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 12:12PM by Lassiv.
Attachments:
open | download - extruder.jpg (240.2 KB)
open | download - hotend.jpg (244.6 KB)
Re: Prusa i2 - Extruder/Hot end update?
August 10, 2016 12:24PM
email the hotend seller ask them if the heatbreak got a liner in it , the all metal clone heatbreaks are crap they dont have the polished finish a genuine has.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login