Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

material not coming out of nozzle

Posted by zatix 
material not coming out of nozzle
June 24, 2016 05:33PM
Hello,

I just bought and mounted a cheap Ebay (you can see the specs at [www.ebay.co.uk])

The material does not come out of the nozzle, the engine that is supposed to push it is clicking and failing to do so. I tried different temperature settings, speeds.

I am pretty sure that the filament is getting into the nozzle properly, if I push it hard permanently in a little bit comes out but not enough I think.

I show below a picture.

Many thanks
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20160624_222108.jpg (208.3 KB)
Re: material not coming out of nozzle
June 24, 2016 09:29PM
I can see your problem, you bought a cheap kit, and now have to go through the exercise of learning everything that's wrong with it GBP150 aint too bad for a first lesson, but by the time you get that printer working satisfactory your going to double or triple that... I really hope you didn't splash out on the 3 year warranty!

-got to laugh at the specs 120mm/min printing speed...REALLY? not a bad speed for a delta, but on a plywood frame Prusa??

-hope you have had your layer sickness shots, your going to get a lot of exposure, especially at 0.1mm

-seriously the heat bed is made from bakelite? are they still using that stuff?

-70C heat bed will not be enough to support the claim that it can print ABS

now for the helpful bit
The first thing to check in these situations is that the temperature your controller says the nozzle is is actually the temperature it actually is, so you need a temperature probe, don't use an infrared gun you need an actual probe.

Next check the extruder tension look ad the drive wheel whilst its extruding, one of two things will be happening, it will either not be turning (motor has insufficient torque) or too much tension, of it will be grinding the filament, too much torque or too little tension.

The extruder is not the entire story, if there are problems with the actual nozzle then its unlikely that your extruder will work anyway, there is a balance to be struck between how fast the hot end can melt plastic and the extruder drive

btw If your trying to print at the claimed 120mm/s stop and reduce your printing speed to 40mm/s

Once you have investigated the above issues you now need to look at the actual nozzle, and I'm fairly sure this is where the realization of the quality of your purchase will start to dawn, because whilst you have spent only GPB150 for an entire printer I normally spend GBP100 on just the hot end and extruder, ideally you need someone is familiar with the exact construction of your hot end or dismantle it and take pictures so we can see how its built, but hot end problems can be caused by many issue, is there a ptfe liner? is there too much roughness in the bore, are the HUGH heat sinks that printer has causing too much cooling, has your cheap PLA filament got crap in it thats blocking the nozzle?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 09:30PM by bgkdavis.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Re: material not coming out of nozzle
June 25, 2016 04:15AM
zatix
Hello,

I just bought and mounted a cheap Ebay (you can see the specs at [www.ebay.co.uk])

The material does not come out of the nozzle, the engine that is supposed to push it is clicking and failing to do so. I tried different temperature settings, speeds.

I am pretty sure that the filament is getting into the nozzle properly, if I push it hard permanently in a little bit comes out but not enough I think.

I show below a picture.

Many thanks

Obviously you have a blockage. What filament are you trying use PLA or ABS? What temperature are you trying to run the hot end at? Try setting the temperature of the hot end really high and slowly pushing the filament in by hand. That might cure it but then you need to find the reason why it blocked. It'll probably be either the temperature is too low or the speed too high but there may be other reasons. We really need a bit more information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login