Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deactivate Probe and use end stops.. How?

Posted by cprich22 
Deactivate Probe and use end stops.. How?
March 14, 2016 07:32AM
Hi all!

I recently just updated my melzi board on my Reprappro Mendel to the duet board. It's all working, moving and heating fine the z probe that i bought is also working.
However as I have the older machine that uses the end stops to home the x and Z my Mendel lacks the bit that breaks the beam on the x axis.

What I need is to deactivate the probe and make the printer home itself using the endstops so I can print out the new parts.
I attempted changing the homex code to basically match the homey on the SD image (as y still uses the end stop to home) but it didn't seem to do anything as the x carrage just collided with the end.

Is there another setting I need to change or if anyone has the older Mendel SD image. I'm not bothered about the probe not working as yet, just need to get my printer printing again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Deactivate Probe and use end stops.. How?
March 27, 2016 08:46AM
Depending on the version of RepRapFirmware you are running, you also need to add X0 to your M558 command in config.g to tell it not to use the probe for X homing and/or add a M574 command to tell it about your X end stop switch.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Deactivate Probe and use end stops.. How?
March 27, 2016 09:18AM
cprich22
Hi all!

I recently just updated my melzi board on my Reprappro Mendel to the duet board. It's all working, moving and heating fine the z probe that i bought is also working.
However as I have the older machine that uses the end stops to home the x and Z my Mendel lacks the bit that breaks the beam on the x axis.

What I need is to deactivate the probe and make the printer home itself using the endstops so I can print out the new parts.
I attempted changing the homex code to basically match the homey on the SD image (as y still uses the end stop to home) but it didn't seem to do anything as the x carrage just collided with the end.

Is there another setting I need to change or if anyone has the older Mendel SD image. I'm not bothered about the probe not working as yet, just need to get my printer printing again.

Any help would be appreciated.

that was a problem of mine when i got my rpp mendel. anyway what i did was to put a piece of thick paper with some glue ( or tape ) and after that i painted it white with nail paint. since last year i haven't did anything more than that . one day i ll print a piece but until then the paper does the work more than fine.....!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2016 09:19AM by Gaou.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login