Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro tricolor Mendel BOM and RAMPS?

Posted by Naesstrom 
RepRapPro tricolor Mendel BOM and RAMPS?
March 02, 2016 10:20AM
Hi!

I recently purchased a half built reprappro tricolor mendel from a group on facebook and I'm missing all the small screws, m2,5, m3 etc and I can't find a bill of materials for the tricolor one, does anyone know where to find a list of what screws I need to get? or even better someplace online where I can buy a kit with just the screws grinning smiley

Second question, it didn't come with a controller and I'm wondering if I should go with a melzi like stock or instead get a mega with RAMPS, only thing I need to switch out is the endstops since RAMPS uses three wires instead of two like on a melzi. What do you suggest, staying true to melzi or get a RAMPS?
Re: RepRapPro tricolor Mendel BOM and RAMPS?
March 02, 2016 06:49PM
While they're no longer operating, they kept their page up, so all the documentation is still there. The Melzi-based Tricolor is further down the Documentation page, under Discontinued Machines. The direct link is [reprappro.com] . If you go through the sections of the instructions for what hasn't been assembled yet, the parts are listed.

The master-and-slave Melzi arrangement had its share of quirks. I was in the process of almost getting it acceptably reliable when the bed terminal on the master melted down on me for the second time. RAMPS won't natively support the third extruder, from my understanding. Personally, I'm partial to the Duet/Duex4 bundle, which will, with a Duet 0.8.5, support up to six extruders, but it is considerably more expensive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login