Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Swapping master and slave Melzi boards on Mendel Tri

Posted by Lockers 
Swapping master and slave Melzi boards on Mendel Tri
February 27, 2016 01:39PM
[ Edit - Seem to have sorted this - thanks for looking. Was feeling nervous messing with firmware - was just looking for some helpful noises.]

Hi,

I've just inherited a Mendel TriColour from a friend after it sat in a cupboard for a while. The USB connection on the master board had been torn off. I had hoped I could simply swap the master and slave boards across. I've did this while I was waiting for him to find the power supply in his shed... but am getting the following error now I have it plugged in:
RepRapPro slave controller restarted.
ERROR: temp bounds exceeded

Couple of questions:
1 - Do the boards have different firmware? Yes, I've found the drivers page-understand that bit.
2 - Are the boards physically the same and is it possible to swap them over? Yes - I can't see anything to indicate otherwise
3 - If yes to both, can I update the firmware on the now slave without the now broken usb connector? Will try fix usb.

Any suggestions as to what my best route is? Swap them back and try and solder on leads to a new USB connector on the master?
Am leaving them swapped, have updated the slave firmware to be a master, disconnected comm to the "slave" and trying to get it working as it a mono to begin with until I can fix the usb.

Hope this isn't too foolish,
Thanks, James

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2016 02:56AM by Lockers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login