Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He3d Triple Extruder kit

Posted by kananesgi 
He3d Triple Extruder kit
February 15, 2016 11:45AM
Please move or tell me if this is the wrong forum for this. I'm having trouble identifying all the different variations of RepRaps.

I have been wanting to get a 3d printer for some time now, but couldn’t afford one. Recently, I've started looking into using my tax refund to finally buy one and while researching, I found this machine that looked very interesting.

https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/he-3d-multi-color-3d-printer

I wasn't sure if it was a good choice or not, given that most of the reviews said that it's a ****** to set up if you don't have experience with other printers already. Apparently, my girlfriend didn't realize I had reservations about the machine and ordered it for me last night as a Valentine's gift while I was at work. Now I'm excited to be getting it, but I'm also wondering how much hassle am I going to be in for trying to set it up. The reviews that said it was a pain to set up all said that, "with the help of the RepRap community," they got it working, and all seem to like the printer very much. So I am now reaching out to this community in advance to find anyone else with experience with this machine to give me any pointers. She just ordered it last night, so it'll probably be sometime next week before it arrives, and I still have to come up with some place to set it up. How much noise and fumes can I expect from this? Would it be better to dedicate a room to it, or could it be setup in a corner of the living room? Will dust and dog hair in the air be a problem?

I plan on using my Linux box to run it. Any problems I can expect on that front? Can I use OctoPrint with this printer, or would I need to change the electronics for that? This is a Mendel type design, right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login