Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to resume printing. Please help

Posted by TheZerdas 
How to resume printing. Please help
February 10, 2016 11:58AM
Hello,
I have Prusa i3 and I printed 12 hours, and then I fell off electricity and stopped printing.
I printed over Printerface and now I would like to reprint what remains.

What should I do with it?

Thx smiling smiley

TheZerdas.
Re: How to resume printing. Please help
February 10, 2016 03:07PM
I really would like to be wrong but... you cant.
The ony posible way that cmes to my mind would be to identify the exact G-Code line where your printer stopped and edit your original file so you can start your printing from that exact line... But I dont think that is posible....
February 11, 2016 03:53AM
That is the basic idea, and yes it doesn’t work 9/10 due to other silly things (well for me anyways!)

You also have to set the E to where it was... which is quite tricky to do as most slicers keep resetting the E position to 0 threw out the print.
And bring the temperatures back to where they should be.
You also have to reset your Z position without re homing (as homing would probably hit your print)
You can probably get away with homing X and Y, then you have to move it to the last good X and Y position

Then you can continue...

Good luck.
February 12, 2016 01:30PM
With a little careful G-Code editing, I've managed to fudge something together and finish a print, but you'll most likely wind up with a bit of a stripe where the print failed.

1.) Find the Z-height where the print failed as best you can by stepping down slowly until you touch your last layer.

2.) Search the G-Code file for "Z*that height*" to find where the print began that layer. Keep that line. Maybe add an F that's pretty slow to give you time to abort if necessary.
If you can suss out where (X,Y) in the layer it failed, take out the intermediate lines before you got there. But really you can just run over that portion again and it'll be a little wonky is all.

3.) Find the E setting just before that, and change that whole line to "G92 E*that value*" to pre-set the extrusion distance.

4.) Delete everything from the first "G92 E0" in the file up to your new "G92" line.

5.) Make sure your temperature settings are what you want them to be at the beginning of the file (in case you started with a hotter bed and hot end for the first layer). M190 for the bed and M104 for the hotend. Also change the M109 so the printer isn't sitting around waiting for a hotter temp than it's been set to.

6.) Depending on your homing setup, remove the G28 in the beginning so you don't drive the nozzle through your print. On my delta, it homes to Z-MAX so that's not an issue and I leave it in.

7.) Carefully home your printer (if necessary), bring your nozzle up high, and try it out. CAREFULLY.

*Edited for formatting. I guess using less-than/greater-than renders things invisible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 02:30PM by maso.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login