Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

axis dont move

Posted by gerbo 
axis dont move
December 27, 2015 12:17PM
Hi everyone, I am new here. I hope im asking this in the correct subforum.
I have a prusa i3 steel since just a couple months ago, so still pretty noob. I am using slic3r and pronterface.

Yesterday I printed a couple models and everything was ok. today I was going to print something, I open pronterface, connect with the printer, and started heating the extruder and the hotbed and loaded a .gcode file into pronterface, no problems. but when i try to home the 3 axis, nothing happens. in fact, none of the buttons to move the axis seems to work, and the window to the right on pronterface doesnt show the order either. but the temperature settings for example are working ok (if i click the Set buttons for the hotend or the hotbed, it starts heating them and the window on the right shows something like "Setting hotend temperature to 230.000000 degrees Celsius". but when I click the axis buttons, nothing.

I have no idea what could this be. i have to say that when I first run pronterface today, a window did popup about an error with the usb (I think it was a windows error, not pronterface). I then closed pronterface, disconnected the usb cable, connected it again and opened pronterface, it first didnt connect but after repeating this a couple times, it connected ok. but from then on, the axis buttons just wont work.

any help on how to fix this? I have no idea what to do, honestly...

note - I though it could be the firmware got corrupt or something, so i have uploaded marlin again to the board. but the problem still persist...
Re: axis dont move
December 30, 2015 08:42AM
nobody?
could it be a hardware problem? something in the ramps? motor drivers fried or something?
please, im very noob on this 3d printing thing and dont know what to do...
January 11, 2016 01:20AM
check your endstops
January 15, 2016 10:37AM
thanks for the advice migel.

But I finally found whats wrong... embarrasing lol...
I remember around the day it stopped working i had received some neodimium magnets, apparently at some moment (I dont remember when or why) i did put one of them on top of the 3dprinter (attached to the steel frame). Today looking at the printer and wondering what could be wrong, i have suddenly seen the magnet. I have put it far away from the printer, opened pronterface, homed axis... and they work perfect now.

yeah pretty stupid on my part I know.
I write it here in case it can help somebody.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login