Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder gear assembly directions-mendel 3

Posted by Krosser 
Extruder gear assembly directions-mendel 3
December 21, 2015 01:50AM
At the extruder drive assembly section the parts on hand and the directions on the web are not the same. The web directions show a large printed gear and the parts I have look very much different. Additionally, the mdf board is completely different. Are there updated directions?
Re: Extruder gear assembly directions-mendel 3
December 22, 2015 02:47PM
can you post a photo with the items to understand what is the problem?
December 25, 2015 03:04PM
Please see the attached photo, I was helped a bit recently by support and found the directions for extruder in the fisher build, but I'm unsure how to attach the mdf to the frame. It would appear it attaches with m3 x12 but I don't want to use up parts.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (129.4 KB)
December 29, 2015 03:00PM
i am not aware of any update on the mendel but if ur mendel is what i got ( got it on april or may) then i cant understand what these parts are for . I am sure that rpp didn't see the photos i jjust saw. Send them this photo and i think you ll sort it out. ?
December 29, 2015 10:44PM
Thanks, I'll write support.
January 08, 2016 09:08AM
With the closing of RepRapPro my question for directions to attach the extruder assembly will likely go unanswered.
January 10, 2016 06:35AM
did you wrote them down ? they will be open untill 15/01/2016. Also did you looked at the documentation page. There are some good instructions about the extruder but then again i cannot understand what are these parts for ? Where are you located ?
January 13, 2016 01:59PM
Problems solved. The extruder is from the Fisher build and instructions are there. The extruder attaches to the laser cut board on top of one of the z-axis motors using two 35mm cap heads. Luckily I found a picture of the attachment from northernhope blog. I'm located in the US and suspect the webpage I'm accessing and the one accessed from the UK are different.

The printer is calibrated and should be printing tonight after work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login