Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto bed leveling issue

Posted by spookey 
Auto bed leveling issue
September 23, 2015 09:22AM
Hi all,

So I successfully upgraded my Prusa i3 with servo deployed Z endstop for auto bed leveling and generally it works great, I have no more bed leveling problems and it's such a big relief, but there is this small problem.. it always goes about 0.2-0.3 mm higher on the left side of the bed than it should so the filament won't stick. It doesn't matter what the overall angle of the bed is, when the print starts, the plane equation or something always gets slightly tilted so the extruder is a bit higher on the left side. This is not a problem for small prints on the center, but when things get large and I need that space there, it's a problem. Yes, on the right side it's the opposite, it goes a bit down. I didn't see any problem on the Y axis, it's perfect there. Has anyone had the same issue? I use the latest Marlin from GitHub (the 1.1 RC) on a RAMPS 1.4 board.

One Reddit user suggested that the bed isn't flat. I tried with 3 stacked layers of glass, it didn't help. I tried rotating the bed by 90 degrees, so if it was a problem with the flatness of the bed, I should see the front side to be higher, right? Well, nope, still the left side is higher. I tried tilting the bed by 15 degrees, it works correctly overall but the left side is still a bit higher. I tried shifting around the Y axis, lifting one leg a bit, then another one, the problem persists. I'm running out of ideas, it seems that is a software problem, especially because even after I rotate the bed I have exactly the same problem on the same left-right axis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login