Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Printing tips

Posted by Gaou 
Some Printing tips
September 18, 2015 10:43AM
Here i am again guys with some more questions about printing procedure.

First thing i am trying to understand how the g32 command work ( not that i ve searched it a lot...) . My basic question is where it is writing the values. What i am doing is when i starting the pronterface i am sending a home all command and after that i am sending a g32 command while i am erasing the homing procedure inside the object file.

So does it have any meaning to write the G32 after the g28 command in every object's file ?

The second question has to do with temps. I know every material has a specific temp but i was wondering what is happening when you printing with a higher temp? Instead of 195 to 200 or so . That includes abs too.

another thing is the bridges printing. I am seeing it is quite difficult to solve. Is there any workaround ? I do have a fan for the printed object so i dont know what more can i do ?

FInally but maybe more important of all . Is there anyway to increase printing speed for my printing ? I mean i know it comes with a specific firmware ( the duet )
and i am wondering the settings in this firmware are the top that my printer can do ? Or are they on the safe side and can be changed to get better print times.

Thanks in advance guys,
Be well
Pavlos
Re: Some Printing tips
September 18, 2015 11:12AM
It puzzles me why people with a duet still use pronterface, get the web interface working, you won't regret it.

G32 is the bed level proceedure right?, I guess I shoul know that, but in practice just click the bed level button, truth is I don't know if g28 clears the level data, and I generally remove G28s from my gcode files anyway for this reason.

The main problem with higher temp printing is if your x and y axis parts are pla they may suffer, I reprinted these parts in abs and printed a spare set and now regularly print at 200-230.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
September 18, 2015 01:56PM
bgkdavis
It puzzles me why people with a duet still use pronterface, get the web interface working, you won't regret it.

the web interface was not recommended if i can recall. i set this up but never used it . i think i ve tried to send a print but there wasn't good results. I am trying to remember where i ve read about this .

bgkdavis
G32 is the bed level proceedure right?, I guess I shoul know that, but in practice just click the bed level button, truth is I don't know if g28 clears the level data, and I generally remove G28s from my gcode files anyway for this reason.

my problem is where do i have to put the g32 command ( bed level ) . if it helps to add it in every gcode or if i had to enter it in the config files for once .

bgkdavis
The main problem with higher temp printing is if your x and y axis parts are pla they may suffer, I reprinted these parts in abs and printed a spare set and now regularly print at 200-230.

is there any abs that can be printed in 200c ? i have one bought from ebay and i am sending prints to 240.
September 18, 2015 06:27PM
Is your printer a rrp mendel 3 like mine?

I only use the web interface on both my duet machines..... it works fine.

I dont put g28 or g32 in my gcode files or config, I pefer to do a manual home and level as part of my prestart checks, I guess you could put g32 in in the part files immediately after g28.

You dont find abs that can be printed at low temp, you use normal abs and print at normal temp, and the first things you print in zbs are those cloosest to the heat sources ie carraige and bed mounts, your printer will not spontaneously melt at abs printing temp

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login