Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No power to motors

Posted by Confused 
No power to motors
August 08, 2015 11:44AM
I am at a loss here. I have all the wiring done the and the extruder and the hotplate are heating correctly. All the fans work but none of the motors work. Like they wont move at all. I even tried to use them from the LCD screen but they are completely unresponsive. PLEASE help.
Re: No power to motors
August 08, 2015 11:49AM
here is a pic of the setup
Attachments:
open | download - StupidMachine1.jpg (177.4 KB)
open | download - StupidMachine.jpg (189.8 KB)
August 08, 2015 11:34PM
First thinga First; I noticed your power supply isn't grounded to mains power. It would probably be good to get that fixed, too many things can go wrong.

To your issues:
I'm not familiar with the controller board you are using bit have a few suggestions/questions. Have you tuned your stepper drivers as the wiki describes. Also some boards, like the ramps 1.4, have two 12v inputs. Motor power could be separate from heaters. Do the motors home? Are there any error messages when connecting to the host program. Try to take your time with it, I don't think anybody who has built there printer has had it work first try, or the second...
August 16, 2015 06:32PM
from the picture it looks like you have two wires from com and v+, try separating so as to have two com outputs and two v+. i might just be seeing it wrong but you might not be supplying enough juice to the board if running them together
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login