Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autolevel Part for Reprappro Mendel

Posted by Naesstrom 
Autolevel Part for Reprappro Mendel
June 23, 2015 01:05PM
I got tired of trying to get my printbed level on my Mono mendel from ReprapPro so I started watching some guides on how to enable autoleveling. It seems that the best way is to use a capacitive sensor since it will work on everything and not just metal. They are also pretty cheap on Ebay [goo.gl] so it's a win win!

You can see the X and Y offset in the image below and that should make the setup a lot easier.

I havn't tried printing this yet since I ran out of ABS filament but feel free to try and come with suggestions for improvement. Also available on Thingiverse
Attachments:
open | download - nozzle-mount-rear_auto_lvl.PNG (126.4 KB)
open | download - nozzle-mount-rear_auto_lvl.SLDPRT (310.6 KB)
open | download - nozzle-mount-rear_auto_lvl.STL (133.6 KB)
Re: Autolevel Part for Reprappro Mendel
June 23, 2015 04:03PM
I am interesting too for this as i can't level my bed for 3 days now. But when i first saw it i was wondering if it can work with the board and if so how difficult would that be as i know my sensor has 4 cables and this one has 3.

Is it bad to print it on pla ?
Re: Autolevel Part for Reprappro Mendel
June 28, 2015 07:12AM
Gaou
I am interesting too for this as i can't level my bed for 3 days now. But when i first saw it i was wondering if it can work with the board and if so how difficult would that be as i know my sensor has 4 cables and this one has 3.

Is it bad to print it on pla ?

Not sure at all about the cables Gaou, it should just replace the Z endstop and that has 2 cables, just a switch to tell it when it's close enough. Then you need to enable the autolevel feature in the config of the board so it knows that's it not a ordinary endstop.

I've never tried but what I've learned from reading about it PLA gets soft at 60Âșc and since the parts closest to the hotend probably will get hotter then that it's recommended to use ABS instead for those parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login