Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 opinion?

Posted by griff83 
Prusa i3 opinion?
May 13, 2015 04:05PM
Hi everybody this is my first post as im looking to purchase my first 3d printer as i feel it would really benefit me as i fly a lot of quadcopters and aircraft fpv so almost everything i use could be made at home. after some research i have have decided to build a prusa i3 but im just wondering if this is a good first diy printer or would another model be more suitable and also could someone please point me in the right direction for purchasing parts in the uk as many google searches mostly turn up parts in china

many thanks nick
Re: Prusa i3 opinion?
May 14, 2015 12:47AM
Check the Prusa i3 forum below...
May 18, 2015 05:44PM
There are a number of ebay sellers that sell parts or whole kits. gcolbourn is a good source. He's good a good reputation and is active on this board (take a look at the for sale section).

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
May 20, 2015 03:39PM
There are a couple of suppliers of the Mendel90 with good reputations. It is similar to the Prusa i3 but I would consider the design to be superior.
The cost is a lot higher than many Prusa i3 overseas products but providing excellent customer support takes a lot of time.
[createc3d.com] looks good but I don't have personal experience with them.
May 26, 2015 08:28AM
Where is the prusa forum? I found some forums but don't know if it's the one.
May 26, 2015 09:07AM
6th below this one.
May 26, 2015 09:12AM
Prusa i3 and variants

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
June 12, 2015 07:33AM
put one of these together (8 inch model) about 2 weeks ago. Very nice machine…I’m loving it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login