Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heater Bed Issues

Posted by UNI Physics Dept. 
Heater Bed Issues
March 05, 2015 04:01PM
Hey!

So, we're having an issue here with our heated bed. It doesn't seem to want to go above like 40-50 C, no matter what setting we have it set on. We are using the standard Ramps 1.4 setup.

Any help or suggestions would work wonders. Thanks!
Re: Heater Bed Issues
March 05, 2015 06:31PM
Your power supply may not have enough oomph. What are its specs?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
March 08, 2015 01:05PM
i'm building my reprap 3d printer but i'm using my powersupply from my old pc so i referred this link [github.com].
But when i connect the power supply to the RAMPS 1.4 board its is working but when i connect my usb cable to the laptop the power stops
Plz help me Out
Ano
March 08, 2015 06:41PM
@UNI: Did you measure the resistance of the heated bed? Does it have something about 1.7 ohm? If it has about 2.6 ohm, then it's a 24V version.
Another point: Is the temperature real? Like, when you say 40°C, is it really 40°C, or is this the value which is shown by the software? Did you enter
the right thermistor value in marlin? Otherwise it could heat up much more, but only show a value of 40.

Prusa i3 Rework (from Replikeo.com) & original Prusa i3 MK2 (from shop.prusa3d.com) << the MK2 definitely is worth the higher cost!
Print Troubleshooting Guide // Visual troubleshooting guide
March 09, 2015 01:16AM
Adhithya
i'm building my reprap 3d printer but i'm using my powersupply from my old pc so i referred this link [github.com].
But when i connect the power supply to the RAMPS 1.4 board its is working but when i connect my usb cable to the laptop the power stops
Plz help me Out

Hi,
I am the author of the page you linked to, and I also wrote this here: [reprap.org]

Nowadays I don't recommend reusing old ATX PSU for RepRap projects, they may or may not work correctly (in most cases they don't).

What Ano wrote above is absolutely correct. So:

1. Disconnect the heatbed from the RAMPS and check its resistance with a multimeter. It should be less than 1.7Ohms.

2. Reconnect the heatbed and check the voltage reaching it when it is heating. It should be between 10 and 11.5V. If it is much less than that your heatbed is not getting enough power from your power supply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 01:18AM by AndrewBCN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login