Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Build Problems

Posted by chakid21 
First Build Problems
February 22, 2015 12:49PM
Hey i really hope one of you guys can help this is my first build of a pursa i3 and I'm almost done but i can't seem to get it to work.

I built everything and then i got to the electronics and thats when problems arose. I first put it all together and was able to get the axises to move through printrun for mac but it was triggering max temp so i checked the board and accidentally knocked a heatsink off and shorted out a stepper motor driver and fried the board. Fast forward i got a new arduino 2560 and a new RAMPS 1.4 and kept the old stepper drivers. With the new boards in i wired everything up and managed to fix the max temp from going off and everything seems great when running on usb. The lcd read the temp sensors and says mendel ready. But when i plug in my power supply the screen is all squares and pulses and LED1 on the Ramps board blinks (in sets of 2 it seems like). Sending a command through print run tells me the board can't be read as if it was disconnected and if i unplug the power supply and reset the printer everything goes back to normal?

Sorry if that was long winded i just really want to print i have tested the power supply with a multimeter and it seems to be putting out the right amount of voltage. The only other logical piece that would be new stepper drivers. but before i make that purchase i would like to see if anyone could help or have any idea whats wrong with this thing.

Thanks for reading.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 12:51PM by chakid21.
Re: First Build Problems
February 28, 2015 08:51AM
Take out all the stepper drivers carrier boards and check the electronics with your power supply again. Also post a few pictures of your setup and what happens when you turn on/off the power supply, it's hard to imagine what can be wrong without taking a look at your setup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login