Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

need help with prusa i3

Posted by bignazpwns 
need help with prusa i3
February 16, 2015 03:36PM
I have the PRUSA i3 [www.amazon.com] and I have some issues. I can get firmware uploaded and I can connect to it. But my steppers will only move one way if I hit home or home the axis. Other then that they Dont move with other commands. But if I hit the endstop and hold it I can keep hitting home and it moves the other way 1mm per press of the home.

Anyone have a firmware I can love with the steppers unmounted and everything off the Cassy and see if that gets it working then I can just mod that to my settings and calibrate it. Been stuck at this for a few days now.
Re: need help with prusa i3
February 16, 2015 03:46PM
Please let me know what firmware you're using (Marlin, etc.) and info about your end stops:

X-axis on left or right, Y-axis on front or back, and Z-axis on top or bottom.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 16, 2015 05:01PM
Running marlin. If you know any other better firmware to use on the Melzi 2.0 that works wither pronter or repetier I'll try that. End stops I have not placed yet just trying to get the motors running outside of the i3 before I install them and startinstaling and setting up the firmware.

I'm willing to wire up the end stops any way so if you can help me with the firmwae and of they need to go in a certain place just let me know. Thanks for the help. I been trying to get it working all weekend.
February 16, 2015 05:50PM
My motors go only to home first and then they go + and -. So build everything first.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
February 16, 2015 06:04PM
Ok I'll get it built up. Home it and see if that helps. Can I do it outside. Home it and hit theendstops by hand? Sorry I'm an engineer so its hard for me not to test systems prior to builds.
February 16, 2015 09:32PM
Tested it. Still the same results.
February 16, 2015 10:02PM
No mater what firmware i use the steppers either act funny or only work one way. if anyone has a working firmware they use for the melzi 2.0 i could try that would be great. then i could just mod that

Edit. Fixed the issue.

Finly found a firmware that worked. LED on the board now blinks and i am able to move. So i'll be printing this weekend after i set up everything else and do some finsihing up. But as of right now. i can controle X,Y,Z, fan bed temp. extruder, extruder temp eveything. Just like to thank everyone for the help and thanks everyone who helped me in IRC.

For those who have this issue. It fixed it on my Melzi 2.0 and 2.3 boards. Here is the firmware i used.

[github.com]

Source where i got the link from

[reprappro.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2015 02:05AM by bignazpwns1.
February 18, 2015 03:57PM
Few new issues.

Z axis I changed the values but the movements are off by 10. So 1mm in the program move 10mmand 10mm moves 100m.

X and y look good for now.

Extruder is having issues. I have 10k ohm resistors 103's so I might Ned to edit my firmware for that bit it won't extrude. Motor runs but nothing comes out. Had the cold end clog last night so I heated that up with a hot plate and cleaned it out. Using a 3mm set up so could my cold end befor 1.75m only? I bought this used and it wasent working so hard to say. But the price was right and the set up WS complete. Will post back when I test stuff more after work. Going to see if the temp sensors are set up right.

Also the heated bed Dont heat. Going to assume thats not set up in the marlin firmware. But I'll fix that last.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login