Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble finding a part for my HE Reprap Prusa i3

Posted by dtiger1138 
Trouble finding a part for my HE Reprap Prusa i3
February 13, 2015 07:34AM
I've been working on my Prusa now for a while. 1st issue I had was that some of the smooth rods were the wrong size. The company sent new ones, but only 2, 3 were to big. Also, there were crimp on ends for the electrical that they did not have with the printer. They show them in pictures and such. I've been looking for them online but can't seem to find them. The company has offered to send them, but I'd pay the shipping. It would probably be cheaper for me to buy them here in the states, along with the rod.
Can anyone identify what these are?
They are the red terminal ends on the wires. I have pictured one of the ends that is on the hot end (the heat bed also has them) and then another picture where they show them used being attached to the boards (also used when connecting to the power supply). The look nicer then just putting the ends of the wires in.
specs:
total length: 1/2"
tab width: 1/16"
tab length: 5/16"

Thank you
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20150212_184722.jpg (24.6 KB)
open | download - 15.9.jpg (71.4 KB)
Re: Trouble finding a part for my HE Reprap Prusa i3
February 13, 2015 11:12AM
There called " wire insulated ferrule " you need a special crimping tool for them.
[www.ferrulesdirect.com]
Re: Trouble finding a part for my HE Reprap Prusa i3
February 13, 2015 11:44AM
Thank you gforce1. now i know exactly what i'm looking for. Just I don't need 500 of them, unless I plan on making a whole bunch of printers. And a pair of pliers won't work for the crimping?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login