Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who still sells mendel parts?

Posted by Cain 
Who still sells mendel parts?
February 04, 2015 10:50PM
A few years ago I got most of the parts to build a mendel, but had electronics trouble and also found my smooth rods were bent, along with the z axis leadscrews not fitting properly.

I only need a few parts to get it going, but I can't find anywhere selling parts for the mendel. Only the prusa, or huxley, or mendel varients. Some new (Quality) threaded rod, smooth rod and maybe some Z axis parts and I should be good to go.

Also, why does nobody build mendels anymore? Are the varients print quality (Say a prusa i3/huxley/others) better?
Re: Who still sells mendel parts?
February 05, 2015 06:06PM
Have you tried RepRapPro? They still have the Mendel kit and parts on their website.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 05, 2015 09:56PM
I'm surprised that nobody here has offered to print you some... If you have an exact model in mind (many on Thingiverse) let me know and we may be able to work something out smiling smiley

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 06, 2015 01:56PM
MindRealm
I'm surprised that nobody here has offered to print you some... If you have an exact model in mind (many on Thingiverse) let me know and we may be able to work something out smiling smiley

I just took a look and I do have all the printed parts, thanks though. It seems I just need to find some quality smooth rods and threaded rods. reprappro looks like they only sell complete kits.

I'm trying to remember what exactly went wrong. I think I was trying to assemble the Z-axis and there was some spacing issue with the bottom printed pullies where they wouldn't fit together like the build guide stated and I had to stack a bunch of shims or something, but after that it wasn't very smooth.

I'm thinking of just cutting my losses and ordering a folgertech i3 and replacing the acrylic frame with aluminum, for the sake of better community support and common upgrades. I could always make the mendel work sometime down the road after I get the basics down.

Part of the reason I don't want to completely ditch the mendel is that I got all the printed parts for free, printed on an industrial Dimension FDM machine.
February 06, 2015 02:32PM
Cain
reprappro looks like they only sell complete kits.

They have parts on their web site as well as kits, and they are also happy to quote for any individual parts that are in their kits but not listed on their web site. However, if it's just smooth rods and threaded rod you need, those are widely available on ebay.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login