Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First manual command after connecting moves 2 axis

Posted by WinterPrinter 
First manual command after connecting moves 2 axis
January 04, 2015 09:19AM
Hi all,

during the last weeks I've successfully built a Raprap Prusa i3. The first prints were done successfully.

However, something seems to be wrong: If I'm manually moving the x carriage e.g. +10, the y carriage is moved as well.
That happens ONLY with the first command, directly after connecting to the printer. Subsequent commands are working as expected
(i.e. x- or y-axis only).

It happens with x- and y axis related commands and if I remember correctly also with the extruder.
(i.e. manually extruding as first step after connecting also moves x- and y- motors additionally.)
The z motors are not moving.

I've recorded a short video of the issue:
[www.dropbox.com]

Any idea what's causing the issue and how to get rid of it?

Meanwhile I've noticed that my configuration was not 100% OK. The x endstop is at max position but I've treated that as min.
Therefore my prints were mirrored. That is already fixed.

Thanks for your help!
WP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 09:20AM by WinterPrinter.

Reprap Prusa i3 - wooden frame - Ramps 1.4
Re: First manual command after connecting moves 2 axis
January 13, 2015 11:07AM
Thanks for putting the screen on the video. From what I see, your hot end is not above the 0,0 point on your bed - probably around Y-10 or so. When you run the command it is sending an X+100, Y+10 (or whatever) to reach the 100,0 point on the bed.

Try running M114 in G-Code to find out where the printer thinks the hot end is located, then run it again after you manually move the hot end... probably will be different.

Simply homing all axes before performing manual moves will probably fix this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 11:08AM by MindRealm.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login