Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plastic obstruction between tpfe and liner ( tricolour)

Posted by Fpex 
Plastic obstruction between tpfe and liner ( tricolour)
January 01, 2015 04:41AM
Hi all

My 2014 ended weirdly. My Mendel tricolour (reduced to one single head) keeps making balls of plastics between the hot end feeder pfte and the liner tube.
I tried cleaning, changing and separately testing the nozzle. No problem there.
When used without the hot end the extruder works fine.
But when out together, the filament comes out for a little while and then it stops. It is as the melted filsment flows back from the nozzle and solidify as soon as it reached the fan.
I tried also manual feeling (always vie the extruder), same issue.

All was working good and as I said trying new nozzles, even a new one did not help.

I am using a 0.5mm nozzle and printing at 200 or 240. I tried to use up to 260 (after which I melted the liner and lost a nozzle).

Any suggestion Is welcome.

Cheers

Francesco
Re: Plastic obstruction between tpfe and liner ( tricolour)
January 03, 2015 02:49PM
Hi,
disconnect the bowden tube from extruder drive, heat to 200 and push the filament manually through the nozzle.
If you can do it without great force, your nozzle is ok and the problem is your extruder drive.
Cheers
Gerd
January 03, 2015 04:18PM
It it is not the extruder drive. Unfortunately.
January 04, 2015 05:38AM
If you can provide us a video, it will be much better. Even some pictures are good. And you can have a carefully watching about the extruding.

Everything of 3D printer. www.3dminions.com
[www.facebook.com]
January 04, 2015 07:08AM
I might do so, I am now deciding for s full rebuild of the printer wiring, so it is right now not operational for other reasons!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login