Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa stopping mid-print

Posted by Vancoillie 
Prusa stopping mid-print
December 26, 2014 10:52AM
Hello everyone

I have a prusa i3 and for the last few days I've been printing some fine prints.
Everything went good until yesterday.
I just started a new print and after 5 minutes the printer just stopped printing.
I stopped just like a car that's out of gas, it didn't die immediatly but it was trying to move on untill it stopped totally after a few seconds.
I checked the motors (nema 17) and the weren't that warm, the stepper drivers are set for 0.34 V (polulu stepper drivers) and I still had 2 x 12 V from the source.
So I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and the motors didn't move at all, just some weird high pitched noise (from the motors?). The moreI clicked on move, the higher the sound came.
After disconnecting and reconnecting again the printer worked just fine for another five minutes.
Then the same story all over again.

What do I do?

Thanks
Simon
Re: Prusa stopping mid-print
January 13, 2015 11:18AM
Are you printing from Repetier Host? I had a similar problem that was related to RH crashing during prints due to the onscreen 3D rendering. It could also be the Arduino dropping out due to too much current on the 5v that is powered by the USB cable... just a shot in the dark.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Re: Prusa stopping mid-print
January 16, 2015 06:31AM
sound like usb cabel you whant a SD-cardreader, but you can take alternative powersorce for arduino to stabelize
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login