Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can bowden E3D V6 HE be used with direct drive?

Posted by Bratan 
Can bowden E3D V6 HE be used with direct drive?
December 22, 2014 02:14PM
Might be a stupid question but if I buy Bowden variant of this HE, can I use it with direct drive extruder? I want to upgrade to bowden at some point, but not just yet...
Re: Can bowden E3D V6 HE be used with direct drive?
December 22, 2014 04:37PM
It should be fine with 1.75mm filament - here is one direct drive E3D extruder.
[www.thingiverse.com]
December 22, 2014 04:56PM
Ralph.Hilton
It should be fine with 1.75mm filament - here is one direct drive E3D extruder.
[www.thingiverse.com]
Thanks! But that one doesn't say if it's bowden or direct drive version of HE. They actually sell different versions, my understanding Bowden version has large opening for the tube...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 04:56PM by Bratan.
December 22, 2014 09:46PM
It seems it is not a Bowden. It seems as a direct drive version. And it is a full mental version. I used Bowden only in the Rostock , not in Prusa i3. Maybe you can try a full mental one. It is also a good choice for upgrading....

Everything of 3D printer. www.3dminions.com
[www.facebook.com]
December 23, 2014 07:24PM
The bowden and direct driver version of the E3D v6 hot end are the same for 1.75mm filament. A bowden coupler is supplied with the bowden kit - that's the only difference. The 3mm filament versions differ in the opening at the top of the heat sink / cold end. You can see the differences in the diagrams on this page: [e3d-online.com].

If 3mm is your preference, you can upgrade from the direct drive to the bowden version by buying a bowden-version heat sink separately: [e3d-online.com].

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
December 24, 2014 09:59PM
3dkarma
The bowden and direct driver version of the E3D v6 hot end are the same for 1.75mm filament. A bowden coupler is supplied with the bowden kit - that's the only difference. The 3mm filament versions differ in the opening at the top of the heat sink / cold end. You can see the differences in the diagrams on this page: [e3d-online.com].

If 3mm is your preference, you can upgrade from the direct drive to the bowden version by buying a bowden-version heat sink separately: [e3d-online.com].
Thank you so much! That's the perfect explanation and exactly what I was looking for!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login