Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 Power terminals

Posted by mattbarber51993 
Ramps 1.4 Power terminals
December 15, 2014 04:21PM
Hi I am new to this forum as well as repraps, I have been working on my prusa i3 rework since August. Today I am working on wiring and I noticed one of the terminals for the heated bed power was way too tight. I ended up stripping the screw and now I am trying to avoid buying a new board. I notice that there are two power sources for dual extrusion. Can I use the second power output (labeled heat 2) for the heated bed? I assume I just have to change some setting in arduino but I simply would have no clue about what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2014 04:21PM by mattbarber51993.
Re: Ramps 1.4 Power terminals
December 16, 2014 01:47AM
Probably possible - I don't see why not. Both should be 12V. Current might be an issue? Not too sure there...the extent of my electrical knowledge pertains to not letting the magic smoke out...

If you want a quick fix you could just solder the heated bed wire directly to the terminal, or to where the terminal is soldered to the RAMPS. Definitely be careful if you're soldering on your RAMPS board - failure there = a expensive mistake.
Re: Ramps 1.4 Power terminals
December 16, 2014 05:00PM
The heated bed - and ONLY the heated bed - is on the 11 AMP circuit. Given this, if you move to another terminal, it is most likely only being protected with the 5 AMP fuse. Your bed will pop this fuse repeatedly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login