Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap iTopie - A Prusa i3 evolution - Development discussion

Posted by skarab 
Re: RepRap iTopie - A Prusa i3 evolution - Development discussion
May 22, 2016 11:01AM
Thank you @skarab

As for the screws in the right XZ holder to avoid Z rod warping, why did you decided to not have them in the final setup?

cheers
Miguel
May 22, 2016 10:32PM
thanks you skarab for your reply. will inform them. Appreciate your kind reply!
July 09, 2016 05:33AM
Hi All,

I have just started my build of iTopie in India. I have started a blog to document this : [n00bmaker.blogspot.in]. I would love to hear from you guys.

This will be my 3rd reprap, 1) Prusa Rework (bought as a kit) 2) Cyclone PCB Factory and now 3) iTopie. Considering I bought my first 3d printer in 4 months ago, I think I have gotten addicted to this very time consuming activity smiling bouncing smiley.

But anyways, wish me luck and thank you skarab for the brilliant design.
July 09, 2016 05:44AM
Hi kaustubh,
Super, I expect to see more.

By the way I see one foot is missing on the photo from the CNC shop.

Peace.

"Ils ne savaient pas que c'était impossible alors ils l'ont fait!" Mark Twain
[DOC][CONFIG] Hauteur de couche (Layer height)
Lautr3k - A 3D printer without belts
iTopie - A Swissmade RepRap

July 09, 2016 08:03AM
Hi skarab,

I just went n picked up the frame, all parts are there, no missing foot. Also, I had an extra frame cut to help those who want to make an itopie and don't have access to a CNC. So, anyone in India, just ping me and I can deliver you the frame.

Will reach out with more updates on the build.
August 06, 2016 10:30PM
I have finished my iTopie build and I am very happy that I chose this printer over others. I just love how much more rigid it is than my old 8mm acrylic frame Prusa.

I have written 3 blogs on the following themes:
1. Why iTopie?
2. Building the frame
3. Final assembly of the printer

I have tried not to repeat too much of what is there on the already very good build wiki. I have mainly highlighted where I differ from the build and what parts/tools I used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2016 01:39AM by kaustubh.
August 07, 2016 01:33AM
Awsome kaustubh !

Very happy to see an iTopie built in India.
Thanks for sharing your build log smiling smiley

Happy painting !

August 08, 2016 08:00PM
Thank you skarab for the awesome design.

I wanted to know at what speeds have you used your iTopie and what is your preferred speed. I detect some resonance and vibrations when I print at slow speeds like 30mm/s.
August 09, 2016 01:57AM
Non printing moves : 150mm/s
Perimeters and Infill : 60mm/s - 80/mms
Small perimeters : 15mm/s - 30mm/s

Acceleration : 2000 mm/second/second

March 31, 2017 09:14AM
Hi everyone,

I've build an itpoie machine from scratch many thanks to author/s great documentation page everything fits well and sharp, its easy to build even for first printer like me =D

But I think I've a problem in X axis my carriage have a lot of vibration make a lot of awful noise and the vibration are filled in the nozzle. I'm using drive A4988 in ramps I've tune the drive.

Is anyone else who has had this problem? What we can done to solve or minimize this?

Thanks in advance
September 16, 2017 06:02PM
I'm truly impressed with the designs of Lautr3k and iTopie. For me 2020 rails are really hard to find at a reasonable price, unless buying a lot, but then customs fees and taxes can kill the pricing.

So I want the speed and quietness of v-slot and wheels, and the low price point of MDF. I think I will set out to build iTopie with 2020 v-slot instead of round shafts and linear bearings.

Thanks for sharing your designs, and providing inspiration to the community!
July 12, 2019 10:39AM
Hello everyone !

First of all I would like to thank Skarab for the project and design, I chose this model as my first 3D Printer.

As I live in Brazil, in the interior of the State of São Paulo, here there are very few providers of laser cutting services or cnc router, the cost in other nearby cities is too high, and this financial and logistic impediment arises in my path.

I am a good carpenter and I thought of building the horizontal and vertical platforms manually, yes I know it will be difficult but it is my viable alternative and I have a certain talent with symmetry.

In SCAD, the dimensions in the files are only fixed on the external parts of the Axis of the software. I need these dimensions throughout the piece and the cuts with details, but I can not extract this information in detail.

Through SCAD I have exported in SVG format, but the dimension data do not accompany the export vector.

I wonder if there is a PDF or PNG format file, even in SVG, with the MM data of the holes and notches, and the lowering of the wood at the pulley and motor points and axes of the horizontal Y-axis plate.

How high is the pulley recess? 7.5mm? Half the total thickness of the 15mm mdf? What about the Y axes? Engine Fitting?

Although very efficient computerized cutting, it would be nice to have this plan of cutting and drilling without using a CNC, and in PDF format, I know that sounds good beginner, but I felt very lack of these dimensions to do in the style do you even if a CNC .

Thank you to anyone willing to read and who knows how to guide me with a light!

Again thanks Skarab and the whole RepRap community !!

Sorry for english was generated in google translator
February 20, 2021 04:15PM
Hi y'all. Just completed a build of this printer. It may be out dated but it is 'classic' ? smiling smiley

There were some updates to the design and all resource material, mods, etc. are here.

github itopie400+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login