Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot bed issue

Posted by rich1812 
hot bed issue
December 13, 2014 08:09PM
Hi, I finally put everything together, now I have two issues with heatings.

This is how the hot bed supposed to be connected, am I correct? (12V positive goes to pin1, nagetive goes to pin2 and 3 (please see hotbed.jpg) However, once I set the bed to 60 degrees in Macpronterface, RAMPS shuts down instantly, (the red LEDs flash a split second.)
At first I thought something was wrong with me wirings or the bed is defective. I isolated the problem by connect the negative to Pin2 alone, then pin3 alone, in both cases it works fine, so it confirmed that the bed is good. Correct?

The only two possible causes I can think of now is 1.) Is there something I need to tweak in the Configuration.h? 2.) I use an ATX PSU, the 12V output is rated 12V 20A, Is 20A not enough to power the bed?

Another issue is when I combine pin2 and the extruder heater, when pin2 of the bed and the exturder reach the targets, they maintain the temperature. But when I combine pin3 of the bed and the extruder, once they reach their target, the heaters turn off but never raise back to the targeted temperature. I hope there isn't anything wrong with the RAMPS itself. Any helps and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - hotbed.jpg (91.8 KB)
Re: hot bed issue
December 16, 2014 03:51AM
Another issue is when I combine pin2 and the extruder heater, when pin2 of the bed and the exturder reach the targets, they maintain the temperature. But when I combine pin3 of the bed and the extruder, once they reach their target, the heaters turn off but never raise back to the targeted temperature

I really don't understand that?
Are you saying you have connected the negative of the extruder heater and the negative of the bed heater together on the same terminal?

Click here to login