Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 printing upside down

Posted by Smiltroy 
Prusa i3 printing upside down
December 01, 2014 07:54AM
Hi there

Ive been using the printer for a while now, and it prints nice, but I cant use all of the bed, on the left side and bottom it allways stops way before the end of the bed and keeps drawing lines on top of another on those spots instead of continuing the print

The printer is printing upside down, but not mirrored

For example, in the program, the left bottom corner, prints in the upper right corner if ou understand what I mean

I know I probably have to invert the motors connections or something, just wanted to know wich ones I have to invert and do I have to invert the endstops aswell?

Thank you for your help
Re: Prusa i3 printing upside down
December 05, 2014 05:31PM
Can't you just turn the printer around? smiling smiley If it's not mirrored then the parts should be indistinguishable from parts printed on a similar machine with the origin on the oposite corner as you describe. If you really want to though, it's simple to fix. Just invert both X and Y axes in firmware or flip the stepper connector around on both. Be sure you move the endstops too or change to MAX endstops in firmware.

Check the firmware and slicer limits. They should match the physical limits of the machine. Also check the offset. Some firmware will home to the endstops and then move back a few mm. If that ofset is too high it will limit the printable area because your home position is (0,0,0) and you can't go beyond that in the negative direction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login