Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DStuffMaker Prusa I2 (Upgrades)

Posted by Jabulanikid 
3DStuffMaker Prusa I2 (Upgrades)
November 22, 2014 01:03PM
I have a Prusa I2 that is currently in pieces and I would like to buy and upgrade the machine to produce the best possible prints it can with at least dual color extruders. Can someone help me upgrade the machine if they have a prusa i2 as well? Things such as, heated bed additions, a possible lcd screen, emailing and queue ability? If you have a prusa i2 with said upgrades, instruct me on how to assemble it and what parts I would need. Thanks
Re: 3DStuffMaker Prusa I2 (Upgrades)
December 05, 2014 05:23PM
Best first upgrades for I2 in my oppinion would be good metal pulleys and matching belts. Then a good heated bed and glass surface. Then switch to 5mm threaded rods for the Z axis. Then add some frame braces for lateral stiffness. As for dual color and electronics upgrades, I would do that after you have it printing the quality you want. Maybe think about stronger steppers for the X and Y axes if you want to push the speed. Also for speed look at a 24V supply. You'll need to plan ahead if you want to switch to 24V because heated bed and hot end need to be 24V compatible. I'm getting ready for a similar update to my old Prusa V1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login